All of the courses and programmes we run at Shannon Academy of English are designed with the specific needs of the students in mind.
- Course content is innovative and engaging, to provide meaningful, interactive, English language tuition focusing on spoken discourse.
- At Shannon Academy of English, language classes are small – a maximum of fifteen students per class – and all teachers hold the internationally and well-recognised Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) qualification.
- We firmly believe in providing the student with the ability to assess their own level of English and map out a personal plan to advance to the next level.
- At all times, we aim to balance learning and fun in the classroom and to provide interesting activities and cultural experiences.
- All our students are placed with kind and welcoming host families or, in some cases, in high-quality, self-catering accommodation.
- We have an open-door policy for all staff, families, students and companies and are available 24/7.
Work Placement Programme
Our work placement programme offers students the opportunity to feel like to be fully integrated in a real working environment, having the opportunity to putintp practice skills they have acquired in collefe. As well as having the opportunity to practice their English specific to their college course, theylearn to work as a team and ion their own initiative.
Cultural Stay Programme
Our cultural stay programme involves staying in Ireland for a period of one or two weeks. In keeping with our principle of flexibility, our cultural stay programme can be customised and planned by the individual school or group. Visiting groups can select from a wide range of activities, day trips, excursions and activities to enjoy during their cultural stay.